The Saucony Kinvara 9 shoes offer one of the best solutions for those seeking improved responsiveness in a lightweight design. Featuring a modern upper with improved cushioning and a minimalistic design, the shoes are among the higher mid-range designs which can be used by the neutral runner. Since its first appearance 9 years ago, the series has constantly improved and gathered information from runners for the best performance. Today, the Kinvara 9 represents a solution which is modernly minimalistic without minimizing performance.
14 reasons to buy
- Made with a minimalistic design specific to the modern runners’ needs
- Made with a mesh upper with extra support for the heel area
- Comfortable collar design optimized for running performance
- Recommended for those seeking a lightweight solution at only 213gr
- Made for neutral pronation with responsive cushioning for better speed performance
- Everun design for the cushioning with proven results in other Saucony shoes, such as the Xodus ISO 3
- Innovative with the woven heel design
- EVA cushioning added to the midsole for better shock absorption
- Available in vivid colors such as the distinct orange and yellow combination
- Made with a simple and efficient outsole which is recommended for flat surfaces
- Can be used for gym training or as casual shoes due to the outsole flexibility and upper design
- 4mm offset for the ultimate running performance
- Recommended for high and mid arches
- Enhances the natural biomechanics of the foot
2 reasons why not to buy
- Not available in different widths
- Limited colors options in this class
The running shoes are deeply simplistic and efficient. If you are looking for a straightforward design which is also up to date with the latest technologies, the shoes can be one of the recommended options. Runners who favor these types of solutions are typically those who seek improved overall comfort but who are not willing to sacrifice running performance. With one of the simplest uppers, the shoes are recommended for all skill levels.
In most cases, the upgrades are beneficial. From time to time, a new shoe in the series does not live up to the expectations. For some runners, this is the case with the Kinvara 9. But new runners to the series will be happy to find a shoe which is optimized for running performance and which is also highly capable when it comes to better overall bounciness from a thin midsole.
The outsole of the Saucony shoes is received with some disbelief by the fans of the series. It now comes with removed rubber insertions which means the fans fear for durability. But as the previous Kinvara showed, the outsole can last well in time. Even more, as long as you do not take the shoes on the trail, they should offer hundreds of miles worth of running performance. Another concern with the outsole comes with lateral stability as many fans fear. But their overall design accentuates their mid-range performance which is not necessarily aimed at the beginner runner.
With EVA cushioning, the shoes are among the solutions which are made to be responsive. The 4mm offset is also a testament to this performance-oriented midsole. The good news is that the midsole doesn’t need to be improved further as the performance on the track and on the treadmill is good. Even more, you can also find good support when running on the tarmac around the city as well.
The upper is beautifully-minimalistic and this makes it one of the most interesting solutions when it comes to better overall comfort. Furthermore, the shoes are made for the best aerodynamics without an upper which is too complicated or which is reinvented. Going back to the roots of the series seems to have come with positive results for the upper.
Long-distance runners are also happy to see the extra padding around the heel area which can work well with injury recoveries as well. With strong laces, the upper can also be easily fixed for proper lockdown. The overlays are minimum as well. Furthermore, they represent a great solution for some extra support around the midfoot.
Size And Fit
With a design which is true to size, the shoes represent a comfortable solution which is easy to use. They are among the leading options when it comes to better comfort in a 4mm offset. However, they are narrow for those with wide feet. If you also know that you have wider feet, you can go half a size up for the ultimate comfort.